Friday, December 14, 2012

A Letter from Ms. Lavin, our new English teacher

Dear Parents and Guardians,
My name is Christine Lavin and I will be the new teacher in your child's classroom! I am excited about the opportunity to work at the Martin Luther King Jr. School and to get to know you and your child.  I look forward to a happy and successful year! I am originally from Rhode Island but I now reside in Cambridge. I have a psychology and education background and received my masters degree in  elementary education from Lesley University.

In class we will explore reading through the literacy collaborative program.  Students will be working on their reading comprehension, writing persuasive essays, and working in guided reading groups.  In the math curriculum we will be discovering shapes and using number games to get students excited about math.  If you would like to contact me you can reach me through email at clavin@cpsd.us.  I am very eager to get started and to meet all of you!

Sincerely,
Christine Lavin

No comments:

Post a Comment